Thursday, November 8, 2018

And then various other things happened ....

Which brings us up to date, right?

The other day someone said something about, "Look at what was interesting to you in 2006-2007, and see if those things still interest you."  I couldn't really remember what I was doing in 2006 (other than homeschooling) but then remembered AHA -- I have a blog!  I could check that!

Except, alas, this doesn't go back that far.

ANYWAY, homeschooling as such is over. Thalia now lives in a different state and is doing adult things.  Annabeth is attending a university.  I still spend November raking leaves.

In spite of that, there's a certain comfort to having this record online.  I associate paper journals with moody, overwrought pre-teen/teen essays on the injustices of reality; this public record helped me focus on the mundane "things I did today" aspects of my life. Honestly, the latter is more interesting for me to pick up and read.  Or maybe it's just less embarrassing.

Plus, online writing has spellcheck. And better legibility.

Which is to say, I'm thinking about starting this chronicle up again.  This will involve re-learning how to use Blogger (huge points to me for figuring out how to log in).  Also, what were all of these post labels about?  What the heck did I used to write about? Should I have a new focus?  If so, what?  Maybe this should be Tales of Post-Homeschooling Life?

No comments: