Yes, it's another installment of Cotton Dishcloth Bonanza! Woohoo!
This week we've got a cable cloth:
I probably should've blocked it to make it look better. But, then again, this way the students will see how cables pull the knitting in to a narrower shape.
Also, I goofed up a knit/purl there on the left:
I can explain to the students how to fix it. Not that they'll retain HOW to do it, but they'll retain the idea that it can be fixed (at least, I hope they'll remember that).
Overall, this project reminded me how much I enjoy cables. Something about how the stitches wind back and forth just fascinates me.
Also, a heart, which is heavily based on the iconic diagonal dishcloth pattern:
Oddly, the pattern called for size 10 needles, although every other pattern I've done has used size 7. Same yarn and all, different needles. So I used size 7 anyway, figuring these cloths stretch like crazy as soon as they're wet.
We're getting to the end of this exercise, which is probably good since my productivity has dropped tremendously (totally due to boredom with it). The class for which I'm knitting all of these starts next week, and I still have to do a boatload of prep for our first project, which will be learning to knit using felt-able wool yarn. Also, Annabeth has realized that she needs a crocheted Jiji after watching Kiki's Delivery Service this weekend. So, new adventures in crafting ahead!