Friday, February 24, 2012

Finished Object Friday

A couple of things recently finished around here:

February Lace Scarf in one skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd's Sport.  I think the color is Cranberry.


I bought 3 skeins of the yarn years ago to make socks for the kids, which I never got around to doing.  And since I wanted a red scarf, I decided to use it for this.  It was a fairly quick, easy knit; it was hanging around on the needle, awaiting a bind off, for about a month.  I finally got around to it this week, gave the scarf a quick block, and will now probably put it away until next December, which is when I have my red scarf yearnings.

Vogue 8731 in a cotton knit I'd purchased in 1994 to make a maternity dress while pregnant with Thalia.
That's a gold light switch behind my shoulder, if you wondered.

I made a lot of maternity clothes, but the dress never materialized.  Oh well.  I bought the pattern on sale for $3.99, and at this point I'm counting the fabric as "free".  I also made the pants from a Sandra Betzina pattern, but they're just sort of generic knit pants that are a bit too long since I was trying out the pattern for the first time.

We're also working on a pile of aprons for Annie.  But, of course, that's actually a work in progress.

No comments: