Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Few More Random Bits About June

Because all I blogged about in June was sewing for Shakespeare, but a few other things happened that I'll want to remember.

Annabeth and Rick played Life quite a bit.  


They made up stories about their characters as they went along.  Rick thought the stories should be part of the scoring.

Since then they've moved on to Parcheesi.  Also, they've moved indoors, since that last week of June the weather got insanely hot.  

After Shakespeare the kids spent a lot of time sleeping in.  I took a lot of naps.  

Also, Thalia went to Six Flags with her Girl Scout troop during the last week.  

We made it to the pool once. That was also after Shakespeare.  

We've seen Thoroughly Modern Milly (which was cute) and Chicago (which was really, really good, although it was about 104F that night when we got there) at the Muny.

I've read 3 books for summer read.  All 3 were read in the last week of June.

And I made a pair of capri pants for myself.  They should've take about 1.5 hours.  I dawdled around, and spent about 3 days on them.  I think the slo-mo sewing was a reaction to the speed-sewing I'd been doing earlier in the month.

And then June was over, and it was time to move on to new things in a new month ....

No comments: