Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Work in Progress Wednesday

I started Jalie 2804 a couple of weeks ago. It's a simple pattern that should go together quickly, but I had set up my sewing in the dining room and we had friends over to visit so I put it all away in the interests of tidiness. I just got it back out and still have to finish the hemming.



I love this blue fabric, which is good because I have a boatload of it. I'm not sure what else to make out of it. I've been pondering the latest issue of Ottobre Woman, of course. And Thalia and I had a rather silly conversation about making an Irish Dance solo dress out of it (it would be just perfect for something with a slit up the side, you know, but it doesn't quite have the shimmer you'd want for showing off shimmies ... which led to demonstrating Irish Dance with shimmies).

I put in the modesty panel this time. I'm not sure if I like it. It's lower than my swimsuit tan line.

I'm also knitting away on the socks, but they look about the same as last week, just longer. I'm ready to turn the heel.

In the meantime, I got into a conversation about spices with the friends who came over and interrupted the sewing. The woman said she gives her kids a mixture of equal parts fresh ginger juice, fresh lime juice, and honey when they start to get the sniffles, and it typically knocks the cold right out (they are from India, and I'm not sure whether this is considered a typical home remedy). Since Annabeth was starting to sniffle last night I stopped off at the store for some fresh ginger root while ferrying her back and forth to dance. We always have limes around. And honey.



For the record, it's a really hot combination...



...but more palatable than my typical concoction of chopped garlic, fresh lemon juice, and honey.

Annabeth took several tiny spoonfuls last night and this morning, but it looks as though I still need to go restock tissues.

No comments: