So far this week, aside from our usual falderal, we've had our phone line go out, and had a rat get sick. We noticed both problems on the same day, as a matter of fact.
The phone seems to be working now; and the rat is on antibiotics, so we'll what comes of that (rats tend to get really sick really quickly, so who knows).
In the meantime, more sewing for Scarlet Pimpernel.
Two vests for who-knows-who. Really, I've no clue where these will end up -- I was just handed fabric, buttons, and elastic. I pondered it awhile, then asked if maybe this was McCall 8701. Yes! Woohoo -- I have a copy of that, so I could look up the instructions and see what these strangely shaped pieces meant!
The dickeys were left off. Elastic was used in lieu of the twill tape. Velcro will be added as they're fitted to the actors.
Also, the eternal quest for sleazy-yet-modest tops continues. I was given some embossed stretch velvet. I cut out a shorter version of Kwik Sew 2325 (last seen here), and added some black lace hem tape we had.
I think it looks different enough from the lavender one to be okay on stage (the idea is to have a variety of colors and styles ... all of them modest yet at the same time risque, and like they could possibly have been worn at the time of the French Revolution). I hope it fits someone.