Saturday, April 13, 2013

More Who-wear

More iterations of McCall's 6418 for Seussical.

Here's the finished version of the one I was working on earlier this week:

It now has another row of ribbon on the bottom, a sash, and 2 of Annabeth's Who-buttons. This fabric has a lot of body, so it poofs out in a satisfying way.

And then one with softer, drapier fabric that just gets one Who-button:

Next we have our homage to the transformative power of fabric yo-yos, which really dressed this one up:

I took them partway around the back, but I decided the big sash will fill in the rest of the back.

I'd never made yo-yos before, and didn't realize that you're supposed to sew a hem on the inner edge.  After I realized my mistake I messed around with it both ways, and decided to go with the raw edge since I could get a consistently tighter yo-yo due to less fabric being pulled in.  I'm sure if I had time to develop my technique I could do the "real" way better, but the show is in about 3 weeks.
I love these on the sash -- I think it gives it a prom dress vibe.

Halfway done with the 8 I'm assigned to make!

I plan to send them to rehearsal today so we can see if the fit is anywhere in the ballpark of where it needs to be.

In the meantime, Thalia and Annabeth has decided they should've been Whos.

No comments: