Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday

Two weeks ago we had a foot of snow, and now *BOOM* it's 80F and I'm trying to get all of the sweet gum balls out of the yard.  You know those big leaf bags? So far I've filled 8 or 9 of them, and the lawn is only half done.

When not out messing with those vile little fruits, I've been working on costumes for Seussical, specifically dresses for Whos.  I'm supposed to make 8 of the 12 dresses needed.

The original concept was to have these be yellow, but we're relying on donated fabric, so there is much orange in the mix.  The pattern is McCall's 6418.

This iteration features a fabric from Amy Butler.  Wow, I've never used this brand before -- it's really lovely to work with, and so very soft.


Version 2 leaves off a ruffle, and adds some yellow ribbon.  The sash will be bright yellow.


I thought some big yellow buttons would be a nice touch on this one, but have no budget for them.  But we DO have yellow Sculpey, so Annabeth used it to make a variety of buttons for me this afternoon.  Since it's for  Seuss it's appropriate that they be sort of organic in shape.  

Much more to come, obviously. 

No comments: