Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Work In Progress Wednesday

The work on the Ravelympics knitting project is not exactly spectacular. I didn't get a chance to cast on until Saturday, and I have had much time to knot since then. For example, last night we went to a baseball game -- saw the Cardinals loose and didn't get any knitting done. Okay, actually it was a perfect night for a baseball game, and we had fun, and we left after Pujols batted in the 8th inning (it went downhill from there), so I didn't really miss the knitting that much. But it was still an interruption to the flow of the knitting, so I"m claiming it as an excuse for lack of progress.

My Ravelympics project is FiFi in Rowan Calmer:



I'm on row 32. It's a top-down knit, so in other words I'm still on the upper yoke. Sigh.

Other works in progress about the house:

Bison jerky:



I always dehydrate it in the oven. This has a few hours to go yet. I started it before we left for the game last night.

And we're finally getting a new shelving unit for AnnaBeth's room. We got it unfinished, and I just finished putting on a coat of primer yesterday afternoon (before making the jerky):


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, your knitting project looks so soft and delicate. That FiFi sweater is adorable. I'm trying to finish up a knitting project that I've been working on for absolutely ages. It's so old that the store isn't even in business anymore! Who can knit big, bulky sweaters when there's cute little mittens to felt and adorable berets that take only a weekend?