Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Work in Progress Wednesday

Burda 8218 in a lime-sherbet-colored eyelet purchased fairly cheaply at JoAnn's in preparation for doing it in a nicer fabric once I figure out how to make it fit.

I don't recall ever using a Burda pattern before. It went together well, but the armholes gaped. I ended up taking the underarm in about half an inch, tapering to the waist. I should also let out the hips a bit. And I'll finish the seams differently next time.

I think next time I'll do the Palmer Pletsch alterations before I cut it out, and it would fit better. Under the circumstances (sewing without a sewing area, alternating sewing with helping lay laminate flooring, pausing sewing to allow contractors to install plumbing/electrical/gas lines directly over the basement area I was using) I'm okay with how it turned out.

And, I also picked the Mirabella Cardigan back up yesterday.

and started zipping along on the right front. I like KM's idea of seeing if I can finish it before the kitchen is done. The counters won't be in for another 2 weeks (!), during which we have a road trip, so it's entirely possible I'll get it done.

No comments: