Thursday, November 20, 2008

Work in Progress Wednesday, Thursday Edition

Yesterday (Wednesday) was sunny and relatively warm -- somewhere in the 50s. We spent the afternoon out raking leaves rather than inside blogging. But today is cold and dreary, so we're inside huddled around our warm computer and sewing machine.

This is how far I've gotten on my tan pants:



It's further than a couple of other sewing projects I need to get done this week, though, since I actually have the material purchased and laundered. I also checked out an audiobook of Emma to listen to while I do all of this sewing and crocheting, but I keep forgetting to listen to it.

I also got this interesting package:



It arrived while I was out of the house, so the kids had a while to ponder what it could be. I tried to pass it off as bagpipes, but they didn't believe me. Really, it's a bunch of fabric from Hancock's, from their online sale last week when they had 50% off and free shipping. Some of it is table cloth vinyl; they shipped that on the roll,then taped on the rest of the fabric in a lump.

(I'm not sure what's up with Thalia's hairstyle.)

I'm on the Very Last Collar, collar number 10. Woohoo! And I'm concentrating on the crocheting until it's done. No picture. If you've seen one you've seen 'em all.

In the meantime, AnnaBeth has started making gifts for her ceili team. The kids give each other small gifts or cards before big competitions like Oireachtas or Nationals. She's making hair scrunchies.

She had wanted to make 4 blue with white dots and 4 white with blue dots, but we couldn't find suitable fabric. So she's making 8 blue with white dots.

So far she's cut them all out



tacked the elastic in each one, and started seaming them.



We have the sewing machine set up on the dining room table. I sit in a chair and crochet while she sews.

No comments: