Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Work in Progress Wednesday

Hot off the needles, Leyburn Socks (link is a PDF file) in Socks That Rock mediumweight, colorway Puck's Mischief, size 1/2.25mm needles.



Pros:
I love the colors. I like STR yarn -- it doesn't leave me with itchy ankles at the end of the day. I like the pattern.

Neutral:
Very snug through the ankle, even though I left those strands extremely loose. A little hard to get on over my heel, but no worry about them sagging. I wonder if they'll loosen up over time.

Cons:
In reality, I typically wear very plain socks, like plain black or plain white or plain tan.
Also, I can't sit and stare at the pretty colors, since they're all the way down at my feet, mostly hidden by my pants. I should've used this yarn for something I could look at.


Also on the needles: a baby kimono. So far only 2 rows garter stitch, so not much to look at.

Also working on: Figuring out camps for the summer. Today is the day to have your Girl Scout camp choices postmarked. Thalia has been campaigning hard for a 2 week Girl Scout horse camp (why oh why does she keep picking such expensive things to be interested in?). Plus we just figured out that the Indianapolis feis is a different weekend this year, which means the June calendar is garbled up now.

5 comments:

Ami said...

Beautiful socks.

It's funny. Many of my friends, online and off, knit. And I'm never envious, or tempted to learn. Until someone makes beautiful socks like those.

Then, I'm insanely jealous.
INSANELY.

Mom of Five said...

You're socks are gorgeous, and for Ami, I learned to knit for one reason: to make beautiful socks. After I got started, I was hooked.

Tara said...

The yarn you used for these is so pretty. I think it's kind of fun to have funky socks!

Freakmom said...

I'd love to hear what you guys decide on Girl Scout camp. Violet still likes to have me go with (yay! I love getting to go). We registered for a 2 night mom and me and a family overnight at 2 different camps.

The Foil Hat said...

I'm just learning to knit and I'm dying to get to the point where I can figure out socks! Those are beautiful.