Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Work in Progress Wednesday

First up, my interpretation of the Poonam baby sweater. I say "my interpretation" because the pattern is a little loosey-goosey -- if you want everything all laid out for you explicitly and correctly, this probably isn't the pattern for you. On the other hand, it's a free pattern.



I'm knitting it in Knit Picks Shine Sport, which is a cotton yarn. Very soft. Also, no spring, and fairly slick, so it keeps sliding off the needles (which seems to be the story of my knitting lately). I think I'm making the newborn - 3 months size, but don't remember, and would need to go contemplate the pattern to figure it out. I figure babies come in their own sizes, so baby sweater sizes are a little ... iffy.

Also, fabric Thalia purchased to make a couple of skirts for herself:



I think the bottom 2 are going to be used together, and the top will be used with something else that hasn't yet been purchased, but I could be wrong -- I'm not always privy to her inner vision.

And after snapping these 2 photos I noticed that my camera battery is low, so no other work-in-progress pictures to show at the moment. I need to recharge the battery before our next dance performance, which is later today. Although we may be down to one dancer in this house, due to an incident yesterday involving a scooter, some concrete, and various limbs ....

2 comments:

kitten said...

Your so ever talented!
Can't wait for more dance pictures!
Although we may be down to one dancer in this house, due to an incident yesterday involving a scooter, some concrete, and various limbs ....
OH NO! Bless your heart!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO!

Tara said...

Lovely fabric choices! I hope we'll get to see the finished products?
I'd love to get Tess to sew more. She sewed through her finger when she was 10 and hasn't been interested in the machine since. I wonder if there is some kind of finger guard I could invest in... have you heard of such a beast?