Hey, Teach is done.
Knit on size 8 needles in Lion Brand Cotton Ease. It took less than 3 skeins to make size XS. I ended up making size XS because my gauge on the size 8 needles was a bit big, but the gauge on the size 7 needles was way small.
I messed around with the layout of the lace on the bodice some since I didn't like the way the pattern was written for this size -- way too many blank stockinette stitches marching up the middle front. And I did a 3-needle bind off on the shoulders, which was way easier than sewing it together or grafting or whatever the pattern called for (obviously I didn't pay attention to what the pattern said).
The bodice muslin is sewn together. From the waist down it has negative ease. From the waist to the upper third of the armscye it has positive ease. The shoulders are rather nice. Overall, it is very, very bad, although also quite funny. No pics until it's a little more in the ballpark of fitting sanely.
Ready to order the cabinets. Every inch has been measured and re-measured. There are ink marks all over the walls, floor, and countertops where we've drawn things out. I was supposed to find handles this week, but forgot about it until this moment. Rats.