Monday, August 10, 2009

Staring out the window in a daze while rambling incoherently

A friend called last night and started out by asking what all I was doing Monday. And I started to recite what all I was doing, beginning with taking Rick to the airport early this morning, and stopped and said, "What do you need me to do?"

She needed me to take care of a 3 year old at some unspecified time during the day. And after chatting some more it occurred to me that Thalia is going to be home all day, so even if I'm toting someone else someplace, she can look after the child. And get Girl Scout service hours for doing it, since this is someone else's kid that my friend just needs a place for while she helps the parent get clothing and stuff out from the house they were living in (the living situation was deteriorating, and I think the parent and child spent the night at her house last night) (long story).

But I ended up thinking about this situation into the night, plus contemplating that I never RSVPed for that party, I never turned in the Summer Read form to the library (not even sure where it is), and I never paid for the entries to the Graham feis. And then a storm in the middle of the night woke me up. Then some sort of weird scream in the early morning hours, like someone was killing a rabbit in our house, except we don't have any rabbits in our house ... I got up to try to figure it out, and one of the cats was awake, but everyone and everything else seemed asleep.

So I should be child-proofing the house right now (Thalia already tucked her archery set away, figuring it might be a little too intriguing), and figuring out what I need to pick up at the grocery, and getting started on the new crocheted collar, but mostly I want to plot out when I can take a nap.

1 comment:

The Foil Hat said...

I hope the day went well. Wish I had known you were up, I didn't sleep much last night either. Did you get a nap?