Okay, I finally finished this. I really, really didn't want to sew on all of those buttons. And I really should go back and reinforce the upper ones -- wouldn't it be awful to be wearing this and have a button go sproinging across the room?
Anyway, here it is, the Mirabella Cardigan from Interweave Knits Spring 2008. Knit in Lion Brand Cotton-Ease on size 9 needles.
I used 12 buttons instead of 13, mostly because that's how many matching buttons I could find. Also, I put them high up towards the neck.
Things I like: The double knitting on the collar. The hems, which give more body and weight to the bottom of the bottom edge. The darts. It looks more like a sewn garment than a knit.
Things I don't like: The length from the arm to the waistband. The top of the ribbing is at my waist -- I could've taken out about 3 or 4 rows in the area from the top of the darts to the bottom of the armscye. Actually, I still could -- cut it out and then weave everything back together -- but I won't. Because if I make it too short it will look like my waist is directly under my armpits, which is pretty much true but we're aiming for an illusion here. Plus I'm ready to move on to something else. This is, after all, the "kitchen remodel" knitting project, and it's time for that phase of our lives to be over.
Next up, another collar crocheting extravaganza . I know we're all just quivering with anticipation about that.