Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Work in Progress Wednesday

Talia from Knitty.com, knit in KnitPicks Andean Silk on #9 Addi circ.



This is supposedly for Poppin's Vest-uary. But I didn't get a start on it until last Friday because I had to take care of various other things first, then suddenly decided that I didn't like the yarn and pattern I had selected for my vest and thus had to come up with something new.

I'm still not sure about this.



The lace pattern is hard to see in the black yarn, which makes it hard to "read" my knitting (my preferred way to keep track of lace -- I keep losing my place), the lace pattern doesn't interest me that much (so I keep forgetting what I'm supposed to do with it, since I don't much care -- it's hard to care about lace in worsted yarn on size 9 needles), plus the whole thing keeps sliding right off the Addis since the yarn and the needles are both rather slick.

I think I'll like the finished product, but if I weren't doing this for a KAL (knit along) I wouldn't work on it right now. But that's an advantage of a KAL -- it keeps you on task.

Not sure if I'll get it done by the end of February. I just finished the waist, and am ready to start increasing again. I'd hoped to get a bunch done last night while sitting liker a lump watching Star Trek re-runs (favorite thing to do on Tuesday night), but a contractor was over discussing our kitchen, and just stayed and stayed and stayed.

1 comment:

km said...

I think that's a vest you'll really enjoy wearing. Sometimes for me knitting is about the process and sometimes its about the product. I love it when its both.