Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Getting Stuff Done

Enter orders for 2 Girl Scout troops for Fall Nut Sales? DONE

Spend day at learning co-op as supervisor? DONE

Watch Star Trek DVD on the day it was released? DONE (and currently watching it again)

Call guy about adopting rats? DONE

Slap together a pair of pants when I suddenly notice that all of Annabeth's are too short? DONE

Ottobre 6/2009 #17 "Neat Beat" slim fit pants, out of light-to mid-weight stretch denim (2% lycra) from JoAnns.



In spite of the slim fit I ended up tracing 134 length and 128 width ... and the waist was still too big. I took it in about a centimeter on each side, and took about 1.5 to 2 cms off the length of the elastic. This is why we didn't rush out and buy new pants, by the way -- the ones in the store won't fit, so why bother.

I faced the yoke with some cotton left over from another project -- I thought it would be smoother on her skin.

The next pair will be out of corduroy. And she'd like pockets.

2 comments:

Ami said...

You're getting a lot done!

I did not know that movie was on DVD already... gonna have to send the boy out to pick it up.

:)

km said...

I'm so not ready to start sewing pants but we have a similar problem. My 4 is wearing size 7 and that works in shorts, but not in pants.