Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Work in Progress Wednesday

A sock in Trekking Pro Natura, which is wool and bamboo. Very nice yarn.



The cat has been trying to develop a closer relationship with the rats.



I think the main reason she wants in that room is because the kids have been spending time in it with the door closed.


The Christmas tree is up, but undecorated. Well, it has lights on it because it's the sort of artificial tree that comes with lights built in.

And the kids are dealing with the gigantic amount of Girl Scout Fall Product items I just picked up from our Neighborhood Leader (or whatever you call the Neighborhood person).




Tomorrow we'll hand out all of the nuts and candies to the appropriate Scouts during their Christmas party/Court of Awards. Speaking of which, Thalia's leader sent out a reminder that since it's CoA the girls should wear their vests and white tops and khaki bottoms. Which would work better if Thalia had khaki pants. So she had the clever idea that I could make a skirt. Tonight. Snicker snicker snort. If you know me, you know that my first thought was, "who cares what they want you to wear -- it's a suggestion, not a requirement, for pete's sake."

But, you know, I buy bottomweights in standard colors whenever they're on sale, and wash them up so they're ready to go .... I'm teetering on the brink of doing something really stupid here. Except the dining room table (where I usually cut things out) is covered with nuts. Because the kids didn't want to sort nuts in the living room because of the rats. Although I think the rats would love to help sort nuts, although their sorting criteria would probably be different than ours.

Anyway, I may or may not be getting any sleep tonight.

No comments: