Thursday, January 15, 2009

Too Cold

Things I need to do today:

Take kids to Scouts and Dance.

Shop for food.

Things I should do today:

Stop by library to pick up books for science unit.

Work on making new pants to wear next week for special occasion.

Things it would be nice to do today:

Take Thalia shopping for boots and long underwear, since she has outgrown hers; she fits into my stuff okay, but it's awkward when we both want to wear them at the same time.

Take sleeping bag to laundromat to wash in big washer and dry in big dryer.

But, let's face it, IT'S TOO COLD! It's about 0F, with a wind chill of I-don't-want-to-know.

All I want to do is huddle up and knit wool socks while sipping hot cocoa.



Socks That Rock mediumweight in colorway Puck's Mischief.

Pattern hasn't been committed to yet, although Leyburn is a strong contender.

Irony of the situation: I don't even like wool socks. They make my ankles itch.

Updated to add: Be careful what you wish for. We just went out to the car to go to Scouts, and there's a large oily red puddle under the left front tire. Transmission fluid? Power steering fluid? In any case, we're stuck at home for the time being. I suddenly have no desire to knit, and a wicked need to go DO something somewhere else.

2 comments:

Ami said...

I hate, hate, HATE being cold.
(I don't like being hot either, actually.)
About 80 is optimum for me, cooling down into the high 60's or low 70's at night.

The yarn is really pretty. I have some wool socks... about six or seven pairs, I think. They were all a lovely heather gray, just like everyone else in the family (Hiking socks) so I dyed all of mine different colors.

Tara said...

Arrr... we've had it with this weather! Just a little warmer would be nice, is 30-something too much to ask? I want to be able to knit socks one day. Right now I'm working on mittens; I've got a ways to go! Love the colors in that yarn.