A pair of leggings for AnnaBeth, which appear done but are not:
She wanted pink. We looked through the pink sock yarn we had on hand, and nothing was quite right. I suggested that I could knit them in theKnitpicks Bare Merino sock yarn we had, then dye them pink ourselves, using KoolAid or food coloring. She thought that sounded great.
Except that now that they're knitted, she wonders if we could dye them pink AND GREEN. I've dyed things pink. I've dyed things green. But, pink and green in the same small item? I have a feeling Pink plus Green equals Blech in this equation, since I picture the colors running together and turning to ... ick. We shall see. She might be wearing them tonight to dance class in their Bare state.
The pattern, by the way, is Alpaca Sox Legwarmers by Pam Allen, modified for skinny-child-legs -- I made them about half as big around, and knit them until they were the length she wanted.
In other news, right before we went ice skating yesterday Thalia tried on the Basic Chic Hoodie, throwing it on over the tshirt she was wearing. I've noted several times that she's taller than I am, and has broader shoulders. Which is apparently what this sweater needs:
More height and more shoulder width. No amount of chocolate and pasta was going to give me those things (although it was a good idea that I'm still willing to try, Ami).
Also, she likes brown sweaters. I think we have a new home for the sweater.